Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Primer question

May 3 2009 at 8:55 AM
Tony Wittmann  (Login 1809374)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address

G'day All,
Just a real quick question. What is the best primer to use on resin products? A friend asked me to pose this question for his 1:1 scale E-11 blaster kit that he is building. Thanks in advance.

 Respond to this message   

(Login cjacquemont)
Missing-Lynx members

Tamiya grey surface primer in a spray can is excellent...

May 3 2009, 11:57 AM 

... but it's good to clean the resin thoroughly first.



 Respond to this message   

(Login KiwiDave4)
Missing-Lynx members

Primer surfacer

May 5 2009, 5:42 PM 

Automotive primer surfacers are good and may be a bit cheaper than Tamiya if thats a consideration. Any brand from your local car parts shop.....usually they are available in other colours than just the traditional grey which can be handy depending on what the top coat is (sorry I have no idea what an E-11 Blaster is!!!!!!!)

As Christophe says degreasing the resin is the most important thing. It usually has a film of release agent which prevents the paint from keying.

Regards Dave

 Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Primer question
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse