Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Separating long, thin piece of resin from carrier

December 8 2011 at 12:31 PM
Michael McDonald  (Login mlmcdonald)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 64.30.115.184

I have a resin bumper set for the LWS and I'm a bit uncertain about how to go about separating the parts from the carriers. My experience with resin parts is pretty much limited to heads and figures, and given their compact and sturdy shapes, they've never presented a problem. These bumpers, however, long and thin as they are, are another matter entirely. The instructions call for repeated scribing with a sharp knife until they snap off, and, while that would be exactly what I would do with heads or the like, with these pieces I'm not so sure. I need advice. Thanks guys.

Michael

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Joe Bevans
(Login JoeBev)
Missing-Lynx members

#11 Xacto

December 8 2011, 4:24 PM 

I use a #11 Axacto blade and slowly score the seam you are cutting. Do not try to cut all at once. Just keep scoring it till it goes through.
Good luck
Joe

Respond to this message   
Michael McDonald
(Login mlmcdonald)
Missing-Lynx members

Will do. Thanks a million. n/t

December 8 2011, 7:08 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse