Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  


August 6 2012 at 1:01 PM
John Franklin  (Login JBF1993)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address

Does anyone know if T.R.P.S. (terpentine replacement paint solvent) from truvalue hardware is the same thing as Turpenoid ? the can does not say if it is synthetic or not. Cant seem to find Turpenoid here in Charleston area

This message has been edited by JBF1993 from IP address on Aug 6, 2012 1:12 PM

 Respond to this message   
Mike Carrroll
(Login mikejcarroll)
Missing-Lynx members


August 6 2012, 1:59 PM 

Not specifically answering the question, but have you checked Michael's, Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, or some other craft store chain? Or some other artists supply shop. You should find it in the artists' oil paint section, and always get the blue can, not green.

I would be doubtful of anything you get in a hardware store that is turpentine-related. If you do, experiment first! Turpenoid is NOT an industrial or contractor's type product....


Mike Carroll

 Respond to this message   
John Franklin
(Login JBF1993)
Missing-Lynx members

Not in person only over phone

August 6 2012, 2:54 PM 

And you know how that can be with people who do not care if you come to their store or not so perhaps I need to do some leg work
Thanks for your reply

 Respond to this message   
david nickels
(Login djnick66)
Missing-Lynx members

Try an art supply store

August 7 2012, 1:39 PM 

Hobby Lobby and Michael's both sell Turpenoid which is made by Weber. Buy the stuff in the blue and white label. They offer another Turpenoid in green/white packaging that is NOT suitable.

I have also used Mona Lisa synthetic thinner and I think also a Grumbacher synthetic turpenoid product. Actually even Wal Mart may sell one of these. Turpenoid is still my favorite.

You can use the Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon online too.

 Respond to this message   
Jerry Stokes
(Login Ltjps24)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: turpenoid

August 7 2012, 7:35 PM 

You can get it mailorder from Dick Blick art supply...they even have white spirits and other artist paint thinners. Not associated, just a happy customer.

 Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse