Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Mixing cups

July 8 2015 at 5:54 PM
Matthew Stirling  (Login TrackServices)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 73.53.227.247

I loved coffee. I don't know if I could survive, without it. I have found that the creamer cups are perfect for mixing paints. I use them for mixing all types of paint, including those requiring lacquer thinner. Next time you are at a warehouse store, pick some up.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ron Hetherington
(Login veezerboy)
Missing-Lynx members

Just go to a medical supply store and get the little pill cups.......

July 9 2015, 10:32 PM 

They are the cups you get with cough sirup. I picked up 50 for like $5. Also, sponges of different shapes are also available!!

Respond to this message   
Brian Colburn
(Login BrianInOregon)
Missing-Lynx members

But I like living dangerously by using the wife's tea cups.

July 15 2015, 12:29 AM 

Respond to this message   
David Nickels
(Login djnickels)
Missing-Lynx members

I use soda and water bottle caps

July 18 2015, 4:31 PM 

Or any kind of jar lid

Respond to this message   
Matthew Stirling
(Login TrackServices)
Missing-Lynx members

My problem, with caps are the threads.

July 20 2015, 2:17 AM 

Respond to this message   
David Nickels
(Login djnickels)
Missing-Lynx members

Not sure how that is a problem

July 27 2015, 1:59 PM 

two or three drops of Vallejo paint in the bottom and a brush load of water. If I were mixing a lot of paint I would use a large(r) jar. Ive always found either some aluminum foil or a cap worked for me

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login fredman22)
Missing-Lynx members

resin mixing cups

July 22 2015, 12:27 PM 

I got used to these clear 2oz. cups used for mixing resin. I used to get them for $3 for a pack of 50, but then my (at the time) local hobby store closed. I've found a supply online at a hobby rocket outfit - 6$ for a pack of 100. The caveat is no covers so unless you transfer contents to an airtight container, these are only 'per session'. I mix paint in these and place in an inverted rattle-can plastic top so it won't tip over, and discard when done. Cheers.
fredman out -

Respond to this message   
Eric McClure
(Login EricMc)
Missing-Lynx members

Medical supply cups

July 22 2015, 9:40 PM 

I've been using the medical supply cups for years. I like them for two reasons. First, is the ones I buy have different measurements on the cup so I can use those for mixing paint formulas. Second, they wash out easily, so are reusable.
Eric
There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.
Calvin and Hobbs 1990

Respond to this message   
Matthew Stirling
(Login TrackServices)
Missing-Lynx members

My point is, if you drink creamer, the cups are free.

August 2 2015, 12:30 AM 

Respond to this message   
Owen R Auer
(Login mickeymantle7777777)
Missing-Lynx members

Cups

September 7 2015, 11:22 PM 

Wendy's around here (NY) have gone back to plastic cups for their ketchup. I stock up whenever I go there.
I'm not sure but I don't think they'll work with anything stronger than acrylic.

Owen

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse