Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

My Optivisor...

September 1 2016 at 1:36 PM
Anders Thim  (Login RELOADER153)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 83.251.83.22

After a leave of absence from modelling for more than thirty years have I returned , and I having so much fun...
But some things have changed. The kits are so much better than I remember.
Over the years have I got myself a small "stash". My limit is twenty if I want to add one must one go...
At the moment is my stash composed of about a dozen Dragon Panthers mostly G but also a few A types. But trying to assemble Masterclub tracks with those small resin pins was impossible. So I got myself an Optivisor with a 2,5 magnification. I love my Optivisor it is the best tool I have ever bought and working on those tracks now is a breeze....
I find it the invaluable when I work on a plastic kit at least for me.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Brian N Stanley
(Login dad4)
Missing-Lynx members

An essential tool...

September 5 2016, 10:40 AM 

For most of us "advancing" in age😳. I'm beginning to look for a little higher magnification lenses for mine, just to keep things clear. Happy to see that it helps.

Brian

Respond to this message   
Anders Thim
(Login RELOADER153)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: An essential tool...

September 7 2016, 6:40 PM 

It does help a lot, and it is not that expensive either. So it is something that use all the time when I spend some quality time with a plastic kit...

Respond to this message   
Cliff Leverette
(Login J.Clifford)
Missing-Lynx members

I ditched the bulky optivisor for some clip on magnifiers that flip up.

February 16 2017, 5:56 PM 

Go to micromark tools and look up item #86416. I got the 4x magnifiers to wear with my bifocals. Cost a lot less than the optivsor.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse