Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Removing wheels from sprue question..

October 25 2016 at 8:35 PM
Walter Schneider  (Login sturmgeschutziv)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 74.215.169.138

Hello Everyone,
I have a simple question, one in which I don't know the best answer. How do you all remove wheels from sprue and then remove the "plastic burr", if that's the term, without causing a flat spot on the wheel? I use a sprue cutter to remove the parts but rarely can I get the "burr" off without causing some sort of flat spot making the wheel "out of round"?. I would love to see a step by step, I am very visually oriented. Or any advice or tips would be very much appreciated.

Best,

Walter

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Matt Nethery
(Login Retiredyank)
Missing-Lynx members

Remove them, with sprue cutter. Buff burr off, with 2000 grit pad.

October 25 2016, 9:39 PM 

Respond to this message   
Chris Grove
(Login chrismmgrove)
Missing-Lynx members

Flat spot

October 26 2016, 4:46 PM 

I find it quite useful to have a flat spot on tyres; makes it look like the model has some weight (providing, which is not always the case, that I remember to fi the finished wheels with the flat spot down).
Chris

Respond to this message   
Tim Coulson
(Login tc1986)
Missing-Lynx members

Lego Motor

October 27 2016, 9:28 AM 

I attach wheels or other round parts to a low speed Lego motor with blu tack and/or a cocktail stick/toothpick and then hold different grades of sand paper to the part.

5385405000_9865a5064b_z.jpg

Tim

This message has been edited by tc1986 from IP address 86.141.64.78 on Oct 27, 2016 9:29 AM

Respond to this message   
Peter Sisung
(Login petersisung)
Missing-Lynx members

Great idea!

November 12 2016, 10:17 AM 

I didn't even know a Lego motor existed, but will definitely pick one up. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
Peter

Respond to this message   
Owen R Auer
(Login mickeymantle7777777)
Missing-Lynx members

Cordless drill

December 6 2016, 12:25 AM 

Works and it stands up too. Just put an adjustable clamp on the trigger to adjust the speed and a tapered dowel in the chuck to hold the wheel.

Owen

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse