You are welcome as a guest, and as long as you do not abuse that hospitality, your views and comments will be respected.

............ [Associaton of British Drivers] ...... [Transaction 2007 - Working for the UK Transport Industry] ...... [Associaton of British Drivers] ...... [Transaction 2007 - Working for the UK Transport Industry] ...... [Associaton of British Drivers] ...... [Transaction 2007 - Working for the UK Transport Industry] ............

..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest Page ..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page.....The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Ecology Truth or Myth Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Resources Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page.............

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  

Noisy Return

January 2 2002 at 10:32 PM
John Thorpe  (no login)
from IP address 172.153.109.172

Concorde is back in the sky - and about every night at around 20-15 our nervous neighbours and our alarmed animals are all scared just because British Airways chose to carry up to a few dozen passengers, each paying around £7,000 for the return trip, over our heads on their way back to London.

Government view is that the decision to operate Concorde in the way they do is a matter for commercial judgement of British Airways. In this time of economic difficulty for all airlines it is surprising to think that British Airways can treat its whole South West in such a way.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kim
(Login rip-of)

What do you expect?

January 3 2002, 12:53 PM 

Subservience breeds contempt. If the British authorities declared a no breathing day, there would be a large number of people making enquiries to their local councils as to whether there were any official places they had to report in order that they may comply.

D P Dance
(no login)

What is the problem with Concorde?

January 7 2002, 9:53 AM 

Is it envy that there are people who can afford to spend over £3,000 to fly to Barbados and perhaps occupy hotel rooms at over £1,000 a night while they are there? Or those who are so sucessful at what they do that this sort of money represents less than a day's pay.

Instead of envying them their good fortune, tenacity, hard work or whatever, why not aspire to join them?

To fly Concorde to Barbados, (paying my own fare), is one of my objectives for the next ten years. In order to achieve it I shall have to continue to do deals, keep my finger on the pulse, and hope fervently that the FTSE recovers, but even if events conspire against me, I shall not bear a grudge when the 10.50 am flight passes over my house at a few thousand feet.

Kim
(Login mirian)

Value for money.

January 7 2002, 2:26 PM 

For £7000 I'd want to own the airline.:(

Almacal
(no login)

Considering the state of the Industry

January 9 2002, 12:00 PM 

You probably could have bought SwissAir for less than that, K.

Current Topic - Noisy Return  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest Page ..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page.....The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Ecology Truth or Myth Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Resources Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page............................. !!gg* .......................... !! * .....................

Visitors are requested to keep their posts "legal, decent and honest" and comply with the normal rules of society and web netiquette. Visitors are fully responsible for their own posts and any consequences thereof. However, whilst accepting no responsibility for same, I reserve the right to remove any posts I happen to come across that I feel might be "dubious". The contents of any posts, or websites linked from any posts or any pages on this or related websites do not neccesarily reflect the views or opinions of the forum owner. All copyrights, trademarks, etc, acknowledged