You are welcome as a guest, and as long as you do not abuse that hospitality, your views and comments will be respected.

............ [Associaton of British Drivers] ...... [Transaction 2007 - Working for the UK Transport Industry] ...... [Associaton of British Drivers] ...... [Transaction 2007 - Working for the UK Transport Industry] ...... [Associaton of British Drivers] ...... [Transaction 2007 - Working for the UK Transport Industry] ............

..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest Page ..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page.....The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Ecology Truth or Myth Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Resources Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page.............

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  

Was That You, Bogush?

February 20 2002 at 12:32 PM
Almacal  (no login)
from IP address 213.122.251.196

Encountered a motorist on Saturday. Cut me up almost to the point of collision and thought it was incredibly funny. Chased him and caught him at the next set of traffic lights. Still thought it funny. Wonder if he'll find it funny when I next find his car (I have the registration) and cut the valves off his tyres? Quite frankly, the adrenaline rush was so bad, if he'd had the guts to get out of his car, I'd have thrashed him within an inch of his miserable life.

So here's the deal, you 4 wheeled Fascists:(if I could change th' Law)

If you get found guilty of driving without due care and attention, you get your licence suspended until you take and pass another test (Natch, at your own expense). For more serious offences, you have to take remedial courses as well as a new test.

Seriously, this would concentrate the mind somewhat and make motorists a tad more circumspect. The penalty points system is way too lenient. Something needs to be done to eliminate the willfully bad driving which, let's be honest , drives us all mad, gives drivers a bad press and increases the risks for all.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
wheel
(no login)

Roads are too narrow !

February 20 2002, 1:06 PM 

Hi, almi,

My personal view is that most roads are not wide enough for cycles and cars going in the same direction alongside each other.

I would prefer the law to let cycles on the pavement.
Any injuries occured here would be less serious and most not fatal.

Where I live there is a network of cycle lanes on the pavement, but do you know, cyclists still use the roads ?

wheel.

Almacal
(no login)

More detail

February 20 2002, 1:12 PM 

The guy was going in the opposite direction to me, emerging from a parking place on the same side of the road I was travelling. I carefully moved out more to the centre of the road, in order to be more visible. He saw me, he just didn't think that my presence on the road had any significance for him as a car driver.

The streets are, indeed, narrow. In my Town, in addition, the council have marked out parking bays on the street in order to "help out the shopkeepers". In some cases, there are parking bays marked out in some of the narrowest streets. This is criminally insane. What is really happening on the streets of my town is that there is now so little room, no-one (now, me included) is willing to obey the normal rules of right of way, never mind exercise courtesy.

Andy
(no login)

Road narrowing

February 20 2002, 1:58 PM 

They're doing the same around here, Almii. Our shopping street now has disabled parking down one side and general parking down t'other. It doesn't matter too much as the road is one-way, but there's not much swinging room.
Don't forget that cyclists can be just as stupid as the motorist you nearly clobbered.
Waiting at a set of traffic lights last week, I noted a cyclist waitng to turn right (she was waiting at the other side of the junction). She was correctly positioned and was wearing all the safety gear. As the lights changed, she moved off like a rocket and seemed to think she had right of way over me, turning right while I turned left (my right of way as you will know), and only when she realised that I wasn't going to be pushed around did she change course.
I gave her plenty of horn and if I could have stopped her I would probably have turned her bike into scrap with my bare hands.
What should be her punishment? We can't ban her, as she has no licence. We can't re-test her, as she has never been tested.
Or is it only the motorist who offends?

Almacal
(no login)

No Arguments

February 20 2002, 3:26 PM 

I despair sometimes at the behaviour of my cyclist "colleagues". It's hard to be too harsh, since the scope for causing mayhem with a cycle is not only limited but self-limiting. I mean, no-one really wants to risk being smeared across the road. I've been arguing for years for compulsory training, or at least, testing for cyclists. It would be difficult to police and probably expensive to administer, I suppose.

Is there any way that we can persuade Local Authorities to change their ways? I mean with an ineffective police force and elected members who don't give a stuff? Can we sue?

bogush
(Login bogush)
Forum Owner

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm

February 20 2002, 7:15 PM 

Yes, I confess: it wer me!

I'd planned to get you back for the other day when you saw me approaching a main road and raced up to the junction before I could pull out, then backpedalled across: blocking me in untill the traffic had caught up with you.

Then when I eventually got out at another gap in the traffic, passed you, and indicated left to turn off at the next junction: you raced up inside me and blocked me from turning.

Annoyed me almost as much as that time when you activated a pelican crossing, then went straight across before the lights changed, forcing me to stop.  And then wait till while they changed to amber as you got off the crossing, red, and flashing amber again.  Only to catch you up round the corner at the toucan crossing, waiting patiently whilst there was no traffic, then activating that as I approached, leaving me standing for twice as long as a disabled or blind person gets to cross a pelican.

And then finally making progress only to find you, personally, swerving off the pavement, and nearly under my wheels.

So I thought I'd get you back for once.

Parked up on that one way street I know you like going the wrong way down, and lay in wait.

But I haven't the same warped and vindictive streak in me as cyclists so I soon got bored and decided to go home.

Checked it was clear, indicated, and pulled out.

Only to spot you, in the distance, spotting me: putting your head down, and racing like a maniac to block me in before I could pull out.

You must have been on the painkillers though: totally misjudged it, or couldn't go as fast as you thought.  I pulled out ok, and you nearly piled into the side of me before you finally looked up to see where you were going, and saw that I'd beaten you to it!

Laugh?

I was still laughing the next time you tried to cut me up ! ; - )

Anonymous
(no login)

Another

February 21 2002, 7:40 AM 

Another anti-cyclist & anti-pedestrian rant. Still spinning!

bogush
(Login bogush)
Forum Owner

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

February 21 2002, 10:49 PM 

One of your more cogent and reasoned arguments.

Thank god I've not engaged in a battle of wits with you when you've been fully armed!

Anonymous
(no login)

Still spinning

February 22 2002, 7:48 AM 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Whilst being against censorship, I have taken the liberty of editing Anii's most recent, and most illuminating contribution to this debate to enable the thread to be readable without scrolling miles to the right.

To compensate I will add the following to his post for free:

1+1=2

Much more logical than anything he's posted so far.

Much more relevant then any of his earlier attempts at debate.

And requiring far more intellect than he's yet able to to demonstrate.

Se you in he next school hols ! ; - )

This message has been edited by bogush from IP address 62.254.0.7 on Feb 22, 2002 8:32 PM

Current Topic - Was That You, Bogush?  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest Page ..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page.....The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Ecology Truth or Myth Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Resources Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page............................. !!gg* .......................... !! * .....................

Visitors are requested to keep their posts "legal, decent and honest" and comply with the normal rules of society and web netiquette. Visitors are fully responsible for their own posts and any consequences thereof. However, whilst accepting no responsibility for same, I reserve the right to remove any posts I happen to come across that I feel might be "dubious". The contents of any posts, or websites linked from any posts or any pages on this or related websites do not neccesarily reflect the views or opinions of the forum owner. All copyrights, trademarks, etc, acknowledged