You are welcome as a guest, and as long as you do not abuse that hospitality, your views and comments will be respected.

............ [Associaton of British Drivers] ...... [Transaction 2007 - Working for the UK Transport Industry] ...... [Associaton of British Drivers] ...... [Transaction 2007 - Working for the UK Transport Industry] ...... [Associaton of British Drivers] ...... [Transaction 2007 - Working for the UK Transport Industry] ............

..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest Page ..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page.....The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Ecology Truth or Myth Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Resources Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page.............

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  

The Petrol Goblin - This will make you weep

November 26 2008 at 9:59 PM
Arthur Gibson  (Login Arthurgibson)
from IP address 203.100.240.247

Despite numerous protests and blockades of refineries, fuel tax in Australia remains ludicrously low. The unfortunate drop in the price of oil has brought our fuel prices down to less than 40p litre. In an effort to increase the cost of motoring we flush as much fuel as we can down the garage filling station drains while we fill our tanks, but this brings protests from the staff. I thought that I had solved the problem when I drilled a hole in my fuel tank and allowed the fuel to drip. But my home burned down last night and I think that there may be a connection. To make matters worse many filling stations let you have the fuel for free if you take less than $50.00 worth as they say that its not worth the bother of opening the till to take your money. Im seriously thinking of moving back to the UK if they dont adopt a sensible fuel tax policy. The problem is that there is no economic downturn over here. Our banks dont need bailing out and the population are so wealthy that they use money for fuel on their barbeques because they are too lazy to go to the shops to buy coal. I hate this place. I long for the austerity of Britain where you learn the true joy of doing without the things that you want and need and everyone shares the joy of poverty caused by high taxation and even higher prices. You have the benefit of seeing the British aristocracy living like trillionairs and you share the impossible dream of living like them. But at least you are allowed to dream about a better standard of living even if you know that you will never make it. Here in Australia we are all cursed to live like Russian Oligarchs with no hope of bettering our condition, the weather is continually warm and the government stubbornly refuses to raise fuel tax despite the obvious longing of us British ex-pats to be allowed to pay more. The Petrol Goblin - We need your magic here!

ARTHUR GIBSON - FIGHTING TO MAKE AUSTRALIA BRITISH!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: The Petrol Goblin - This will make you weep

December 3 2008, 8:43 AM 

You must be lonely and sad out there Arthur or you wouldn't keep writing this rubbish to a UK based group.

bogsh
(Login bogush)
Forum Owner

Hi Arthur

December 14 2008, 11:11 PM 

Can't believe that the anti car brigade on my local paper's website have kept me so busy I've been away from here so long.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

Arthur Gibson
(Login Arthurgibson)

December 18 2008, 9:29 AM 

Thanks Bogush. Same to you and your's. Fuel here has dropped to 97c/litre. If it gets any cheaper I'm going to buy a bike. You don't know how lucky you are paying GBP1.00 ish per litre for stuff that the Arabs sell for only US$40.00 ish per fifty gallon barrel.

bogush
(Login bogush)
Forum Owner

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

December 30 2008, 2:52 AM 

So the £ is now worth the same as the Aussie $ as well as the  ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

This message has been edited by bogush from IP address 91.105.131.64 on Dec 30, 2008 2:53 AM

bogush
(Login bogush)
Forum Owner

Errrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

December 30 2008, 2:54 AM 

Why does the Euro sign keep disappearing?!?!?!?!?!

I hadn't realised I'd trained my lapdog, sorry, laptop, that well!

Arthur Gibson
(no login)

January 5 2009, 10:11 AM 

A$1.00 == 44p.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest Page ..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page.....The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Ecology Truth or Myth Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Resources Page..... The Its YOUR Duty! Motorists Protest News Page............................. !!gg* .......................... !! * .....................

Visitors are requested to keep their posts "legal, decent and honest" and comply with the normal rules of society and web netiquette. Visitors are fully responsible for their own posts and any consequences thereof. However, whilst accepting no responsibility for same, I reserve the right to remove any posts I happen to come across that I feel might be "dubious". The contents of any posts, or websites linked from any posts or any pages on this or related websites do not neccesarily reflect the views or opinions of the forum owner. All copyrights, trademarks, etc, acknowledged