Canoe Country BWCA Bulletin Board

Canoe Country BWCA Bulletin Board Sponsored By

Gunflint Lodge and Canoe Outfitters - Gunflint Trail Gunflint Pines Resort - Gunflint Trail LaTourell's Canoe Trips - Ely, Minnesota Canoe Canada Outfitters - Atikokan, Ontario
Lutsen Resort - Lutsen, Minnesota Voyageur Canoe Outfitters - outfitting for the BWCA and Quetico Park Boundary Waters Canoe Outfitters - Ely, Minnesota Cascade Lodge - Lutsen, Minnesota

BWCA Home | Bulletin Board Home | Chat Room | BWCA Blogs | Acceptable Uses and Terms of Service | Canoe Country Jobs

Return to Index  

Another fun Canoecopia

March 13 2017 at 8:48 AM
No score for this post

howard sprague  (Login HowardSprague)

I'm probably missing a few, but off the top of my head it was a pleasure to see fellow CCBBers:
OzarkPaddler
Bannock
jstroke
Canoodeler
PBJ
Dad of Six
Ragamuffin
Dan Cooke
Old Scout
satchmoa
paddlefasterpastor
Lynn
Glydr
Bill/TN

I couldn't buy much if anything this year, but enjoyed walking around and looking at stuff (TFormex looks like a perfect Royalex replacement), talking to friends, and some presentations. Liked OP's Sylvania presentation, another one on Navigation (I kind of try to balance out the "fun places to go & see" vs "stuff I should really know about better" presentations...it usually weighs more in favor of the former happy.gif ), jstroke's musical shows, Kevin Callan's presentation with his daughter, about them tripping together...got to sit and chat with Kevin last year for about an hour at the Madison airport while waiting for flight home, and we talked about our daughters (his is a few years older than mine), so it was cool to see them together, interacting in front of an audience. I enjoyed J Bates' presentation about northern Wisconsin undeveloped areas to paddle.
Saturday evening's gathering in the Clarion lobby/breakfast area was a continuation of a great new (now 3 yrs) tradition, as jstroke and the musicians who came up with him came down and played music for a few hours, joined by a few others. Great time indeed.Those who couldn't make it, hope to see you next year. I didn't make it to the Friday evening gathering, but let's give that another try next year and bring it back to life. And you guys who live up around Ely, just because you're in paradise doesn't mean you can't head down for a weekend of fun and seeing/hearing about other paradises out there! Miss you guys.

I'd post some pics, but this site requires one to download stuff to photobucket first, it's kind of a tedious intermediate step. Later.

"Enjoy every sandwich."

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Boundary Waters Canoe Area Web site
Boundary Waters Canoe Area Web site
Over 35 million visitors have used this service in the past 19 years!
Lodging and Canoe Trip Specials | BWCA Bulletin Boards |
RSS Feed | Canoe Country Jobs | Canoe Country Blogs

Request Advertising Info
Don't have a Web site? 
We can create one for you
click here

Privacy Policy | Contact Us

Published from the edge of the Boundary Waters
Canoe Area

Updated February 8, 2017

RSS Feeds

All Original Content and Coding