Welcome to the New and Improved (Gold) Monkey House

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

DVDs...think it's gonna happen?

August 24 2008 at 10:25 PM
Grant S  (no login)
from IP address 216.220.27.92

Hey all.

New TOTGM fan watched all the clips on youtube, and the scripts here (on this AWESOME site).

Had a question.....think there is actually ANY chance that this show will be released on DVD? I doubt it myself, the Indiana Jones buzz is sortof fading already, and the Amazon section for it has been up 2 years and nothing...

I am asking because I was thinking of buying the DVD's on this site, but if there is going to be an official release in a couple months I'd wait. Wouldn't normally be a problem, I'd buy these now and the officials later, but with Money the way it is

I better buy one or the other.

Anyway, thanks for all your takes on it :D

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Patricia (a.k.a. Monkey Woman)
(Login goldmonkey)
Owner

Don't hold your breath

August 25 2008, 7:13 AM 

I was contacted right after Christmas by a producer who was working on a TOTGM DVD set for Universal. He was in charge of extras, but had never seen the show, so he asked me for help. They knew how to contact Stephen Collins, but nobody else. The first person I got him in contact with was Jeff MacKay. The producer later called me back really excited. He had talked to Jeff for 20 minutes and was now planning on doing commentary for several episodes and interviews with whomever he could get. He stated that everybody had to be in the studio by the end of January (I assumed that Universal was planning on releasing the set in May to coincide with the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull release.). I later got an e-mail from him where he mentioned that Universal had given them more time. I last heard from him 6 months ago when he told me that the DVD had been pushed back and no release date was available. He also let me know that none of the interviews and commentaries had been recorded yet.

I don't know the reason for the delay, but I have noticed that Universal Studios Home Entertainment's TV on DVD slate for 2008 is, with very few exceptions, recent/current series or long running, older shows that they were already releasing in season sets. I've heard rumors that GE, which owns NBC/Universal, has slashed USHE's budget, resulting in fewer releases, but I can't confirm that.

Anyway, I'm not holding my breath for Universal to put out a set, and even if they did, without Jeff, it wouldn't be nearly as good as it was originally planned to be.

Grant S
(no login)

Re: DVDs...think it's gonna happen?

August 25 2008, 8:45 AM 

Ok :D Thanks, I sorta figured that, but wanted to make sure.

Whenever I get the money fully aquired, I will be ordering the DVD's off this site.

If they are the same as the ones you posted on youtube, they look in amazingly good quality for a show taped in the 80's :D

Thanks again for the info!!!

Anonymous
(Login rugar77)

August 26 2008, 11:23 AM 

are they still available?

Grant S
(no login)

August 27 2008, 9:38 PM 

They are still listed in the Goldmonkey stores catalogue :D

Mel
(no login)

September 6 2008, 12:55 AM 

Grant S
(no login)

Got them!!!

September 8 2008, 10:57 PM 

Got the DVD's I ordered from the website!!!

I know I said it in the email,

But THANKS!!! To Patricia for creating this awesome website, and providing good copies of the show to watch :D

My referance to anyone out there undecided about the DVDs: BUY THEM!!!! They are better quality than I expected from a old VHS tape-type copies :D

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Visit the Tales of the Gold Monkey - Full Service Website.