Welcome to the New and Improved (Gold) Monkey House

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

TOTGM Video Game

September 23 2009 at 10:48 PM
Evan  (no login)
from IP address 99.144.164.239

Hi guys,

I have been banging away at a TOTGM video game for the last two years. It's getting pretty close to being done. I've put up some screen shots at:

cargopilot.110mb.com

Any creative thoughts and comments are appreciated.

-Evan

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sean
(no login)

Re: TOTGM Video Game

September 24 2009, 12:52 PM 

That's pretty cool! I've been trying to figure out old Atari code. I wanted to mod a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" cartridge into a TOTGM one, but I have no idea what I'm doing. No luck so far.

Evan
(no login)

demo posted

September 27 2009, 1:15 AM 

Thanks. I have added a link to the beta version on the website I previously posted. Feel free to download the game and play it. Please let me know what you like and don't like about it.

There are still a few minor bugs, and I would like to add more missions.

I wouldn't even know how to hack old atari code. I would think that stuff would be in assembler language, and be a real tough nut to crack. I used C++ and Visual Studio for my project.

-Evan

Sean
(no login)

October 12 2009, 10:25 AM 

I started out wanting to learn the old machine language. Just kind of a hobby project. Once I started though, it was just way too hard for me. I'm a SQL DBA and an MCSE but that hexadecimal stuff is just too time consuming for me.

I got all excited because I found websits that show you how to make the actual cartridges with stuff you can get at any Radio Shack, but once I got started it was too much. Maybe someday I'll go back to it. I don't know.

Evan
(no login)

October 16 2009, 3:30 PM 

Without some sort of compiler and emulator to test with, that sounds like a seriously difficult task.

Sean
(no login)

October 20 2009, 4:52 PM 

Oh, there's freeware compilers all over the internet. I use the Stella emulator.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Visit the Tales of the Gold Monkey - Full Service Website.