Welcome to the New and Improved (Gold) Monkey House

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Music used in Tales of the Gold Monkey

September 30 2009 at 7:04 PM
GoldmonkeyFan  (no login)
from IP address 141.153.214.234

Although I'm probably going to buy the overseas release at some point, I would much rather have a region 1 release. My understanding is that it's the music that's preventing the show from being released in the US. I haven't seen the show in awhile but I don't remember any music being used in it besides the theme music. Were there big band songs played or something that I don't remember? Are those period songs actually more expensive that classic rock songs to license? I just don't get it. It sounds like an excuse to me. So I'm specifically asking, what copyrighted songs were used in the show?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Hoffballet
(Login hoffballet)

Music problem

November 19 2009, 10:34 PM 

If you remember Sara posed as singer in the Monkey Bar, but was really an American spy, so in each eposide, she would sing at night. Those little songs, all "standards" of that period is what the problem was, since they didn't have the rights to use them again in DVD or something, mostly because when the contracts were done... no one thought of the shows going to tape or DVD or anything like that. This was solved for the England release, with nothing changed and I've heard the producers of the release have taken care of any problems for the US release as well. So, you will see the shows exactly as they were originally. I've also been told that they are exactly the same shows, totally uncut, and in fact, all have the 'teaser" in front of the main titles just as it orignally aired.

GoldmonkeyFan
(no login)

Re: Music used in Tales of the Gold Monkey

November 20 2009, 11:42 PM 

Thanks for the response. I do remember her singing but I don't remember it being very episode. Also I haven't seen the show in awhile so that could be it. I just hope nothing is cut out of the US release. I really think someone made a bigger deal out of the music than necessary because apparently Fabulous Films was able to clear up whatever the issue swere pretty quickly for a US release. I just hope that doesn't mean cutting the singing scenes out.

Jason
(no login)

Re: Music used in Tales of the Gold Monkey

November 22 2009, 4:54 PM 

Rest assured, the singing is safely intact in the episodes I have watched so far.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Visit the Tales of the Gold Monkey - Full Service Website.