Posting on The Healing Heart is easy to learn. These step-by-step instructions should ease the process for experts and novices alike.
There are two "kinds" of posts that can be made on The Healing Heart.
This instruction describes how to start a new topic.
- a post that adds to an existing topic.
- a post that starts a new topic.
The first step (while viewing an index page) is to find the Create Topic link. The link is found at the top of the page on any message board's index page. Clicking on the link will start the process of drafting a new thread.
If you are not already logged into the Network54 system, you will be prompted for your login information. If you have not already obtained a Network54 account, you can click on Create a new login and complete the form. If you forget your password, click on Did you forget your password? to recover your password. Please note that passwords can only be recovered for accounts with a valid email account defined in the resources.
After you have succesfully logged into Network54, you will see the message editor screen. The graphic shown below provides an example of the screen with explainations for each field. The graphic also shows where each field is used in the final post.
- "Your Name" will be placed in the heading of the post. It does not need to match your login ID. You can use a login ID of bob381 and still use NancyK for your name. We don't require that you use your real name on The Healing Heart but we do prefer that you use a proper name rather than a nickname. Things seem more civil that way.
- If you choose to include an email address in "Your Email", then your name will be transformed into a link to the email address. Including an email address also allows you to request that replies be emailed to you.
- You must enter somthing for the "Message Title" when starting a new topic. Otherwise the title of your post will be set to "Untitled" which you probably don't want.
- The "Message Text" box is where you type your text. Because drafting a post can sometimes take longer than the automatic logout time defined in your account options and also because the system has no spell check tool, many users draft their posts in their favorite word processor program then cut and paste the completed text into the message text box.
- The "Insert Object" button is used to upload and insert graphic images. Temporary graphics are removed after one week. Graphics files must be 128 kbytes or smaller.
- "Enable Formated Text" enables or disables interpretation of special text formatting characters used in your post. Disable this feature when you want to use these characters in their normal fashion. Otherwise leave the feature enabled to display HTML (only those tags supported by the Network54 interpreter), convert special characters to formating (italics, underlining, smilies), or to automatically create links from web addresses. This feature does not seem to be working correctly at this time. You can get help on the formatted text features by clicking on Huh?
- "Also send responses to my email address" will forward all responses to the email account specified in the "Your Email" box.
- "Include Sigature" will automatically attach the signature you specify in the "Signature Type" section.
- "Formatted Text Signature" provides a text box to enter a signiture. Once you add a signature, it will be stored on your computer to be recalled in future posts. If you do not see the text box, click on "Formatted Text Signature" to display the box.