Instructions for Responding to Posts on The Healing Heart.
Posting on The Healing Heart is easy to learn. These step-by-step instructions should ease the process for computer experts and novices alike.
There are two "kinds" of posts that can be made on The Healing Heart.
This instruction describes how to add to an existing topic.
- a post that adds to an existing topic
- a post that starts a new topic.
The first step (while viewing a thread) is to find the Respond to this message link. There are two on each thread, one at the bottom of the first post and one after the last post. Clicking on either link it will initiate process of drafting a response.
If you are not already logged into the Network54 system, you will be prompted for your login information. If you have not already obtained a Network54 account, you can click on Create a new login and complete the form. If you forget your password, click on Did you forget your password? to recover your password. Please note that passwords can only be recovered for accounts with a valid email account defined in the resources.
After you have succesfully logged into Network54, you will see the message editor screen. The graphic shown below provides an example of the screen with explainations for each field. The graphic also shows where each field is used in the final post.
- In the Orignal Message section, clicking on the thread title will show the first post in the thread. If you click again, it disappears.
- Note that "Your Name" is the text in the left column of the post and is not required to match your login ID.
- If you choose to include an email address in "Your Email", then a link will be associated with the "Your Name" text, allowing readers to email you.
- If "Message Title" is left blank, then the system will automatically add a "Re:" prefix to the Messge Title of the first post. For example, responding to "Hello" with a blank entry in the Message Title will give your post a title of "Re: Hello".
- The "Message Text" box is where you type your response. Because drafting a response can sometimes take longer the the automatic logout time, and the system has no spell check tool, many users draft their responses in their favorite word processor program, then cut and paste the completed text into the message text box.
- The "Insert Object" button is used to allow you to upload and insert graphic images. Note that graphic storage on free accounts is only temporary and any graphics will eventually be deleted.
- "Enable Formated Text" enables or disable interpretation of your post for special text formatting characters. This is doesn't seem to be working correctly at this time. If you want to use these characters in their normal fashion, disable this feature. If you want to include HTML commands (only those supported by the Network54 interpreter), convert special characters to formating (italics, underlining, smilies), or interprete URL into the proper HTML language, then leave the feature enabled.
- "Also send responses to my email address" will forward all responses to the email account specified in the "Your Email" box.
- "Include Sigature" will automatically attach the signature you specify in the "Signature Type" section.
- "Formatted Text Signature" provides a text box to enter a signiture. Once you add a signature, it will be stored on your computer to be recalled in future posts. If you do not see the text box, click on "Formatted Text Signature" to display the box.